Saturday, November 18, 2006

Anthems

Some of you have asked me what my quote on my profile means. One of my many anthems, All I want. I cannot tell you how many wounded evenings Joni has seen me through. This song particularly speaks to me when I am staring down the inevitable break up or feeling particularly lonely. (YES, Joni, I just want to knit him a sweater and write him a love letter! YES!) The manic undercurrent of this song just feeds my broken parts and speaks to my longing for something enduring and real. I have a play list on my iPod entitled Chick Band Aids......this song, A Case of You (just before our love got lost you said, our love is as constant as the Northern star and I said, constantly in the darkness? Where's that at? If you want me I'll be in the bar. Tell 'em Joni, BASTARD!), Last Time I Saw Richard (all lovers meet the same fate someday, cynical and drunk passed out in a dark cafe, FUCK YEA!) are my Joni's contributions. When Joni is on, I have had many a male quietly back out of the room...
A more upbeat window to my soul, another anthem by Cake. If a man wants to know how I roll in a relationship, he should memorize Love You Madly. Shouldn't be that complicated, should it? (I don't want to think about it, I don't want to talk about it. When I kiss your lips I want to sink down to the bottom of the sea.) This song is why I get myself in trouble.....I really don't wanna examine it that closely. I just wanna DO it....balls out. Shouldn't we all want to love madly? Isn't there an incredible surge when you completely submit to another? To Love You Madly is All I Want. I don't want to wonder if this is a blunder...........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want to feel like you've completely submitted, you should try something different. Instead of going "balls out" and emotionally attached, try some handcuffs and a whip.