Thursday, May 10, 2007

Self-Improvement and me?


Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.
- James Dean

My personal belief is that self-improvement is for the other guy. This explains why I still smoke, drink like a frat boy and avoid the gym at all costs. Hey, I am not proud of this deeply rooted belief system, just honest about it. I look around at my old party buddies and I notice I am pretty much the only one left proscribing to this way of life. Sissy is working out like an obsessive freak and making major changes to her body and lifestyle. MILFie is running marathons, MARATHONS!! MBA quit drinking, chewing tobacco, and now works out every day eating only whole and healthy foods (he told me he had a Pepsi yesterday and wanted to put a bullet in his head!) Everybody I know works out at the bare minimum. I have decided today, that self-improvement may in fact, drum roll, be for me as well. This morning, I signed up for a creative writing class at UCLA's Writer's Workshop. There may be more thoughtfully crafted blog entries in your future my Filthy and Gorgeous posse! I called Boy Gorgeous and committed to a regular work out schedule with him. I called my trainer and left a message that I was ready to jump back into his regime of pain. I had cottage cheese for lunch (I just have to look at my ass to remember that you are what you eat. Sigh.) I am ready for change. Buddah said, "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I just have to look to my close circle of friends to see this is true. Thank you!

No comments: