Thursday, June 14, 2007

Smitten

I am smitten. This is crazy. It is inappropriate and let me tell you why; I hired him. Well, interviewed him....and gave my thumbs up to his hiring. That is one negative. On the positive side, he is only a contractor so he will be working for me for only three months, then he is FAIR GAME! I spoke to him for over an hour today under the guise of discussing business. This was a calculated move as I know I do MUCH better with guys once they get to know me on a "friend" basis. A few too many drinks one night and then I am looking REALLY good to him. I am mentally mapping my opportunities to maximize my meeting/conversational time with him and to get our drink on. I am crafty like ice is cold, snap! He is a touch younger than I...don't tell him. He lives in Manhattan Beach which might as well be Pluto from where I live. I do not know if the smitteness is mutual yet, but I can tell he is definitely intrigued by me. He has already characterized me as an H.R. nightmare and I happily showed him our employee handbook (there isn't one, that is the joke.) He thinks it is funny I call him "Dawg" and pointed out I am white. He also is a dirty filthy rap fan. He parties, a lot! I am not going to insult the Filthy and Gorgeous Posse by saying I am not calculating. I am working him and he has NO idea. How do we effectively bait our traps? What steps should I take to make this seem like this was his idea to him? I am going to consult Boy Gorgeous and I am sure he will have some interesting suggestions. I am open to yours as well. I don't want to die alone and I really need a vacation so remember these are the desired results. All help is appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, what are you wearing? Oh, that's hot. Take it off for me....