Thursday, January 04, 2007

Recommended Reading


Love LOve LOVE this book! Amy Sedaris mixes "old school" recipes for entertaining such as; Whiskey Dick's Hot Chicken Wings, I Remember the War Cube Steak, and Chicken Snatchatory (and lots of cocktail recipes too! mmmm, Lady Slipper) with advice on blind date don'ts; don't answer the door in a wedding dress and veil, he might not think you are joking. (I might not be Amy.) Cannot overlook the "how to" sections on giving yourself a breast exam, make a paper clip necklace, a plant holder out of old pantyhose and a sit-upon (all the former Girl Scouts 'member those.) and clean pee out of your mattress (I know someone who could use this tip! He knows who he is.) As she says in the introduction; "Even though the word "entertainment" is commonly used today, to me it sounds charmingly old-fashioned, like courtship or back-alley abortion." I suggest you all check this book out, fucking brilliant!!! I have to go now, must make myself a "Fuck it" bucket. I am SURE to land a husband with these neat-o tips! Ps. not to go all Lesbian again, but the pics of her covered in whipped cream with multi-colored Jimmies stuck all over is HOT and strangely festive! I will have to try that out sometime very very soon!
Check out her appearance on Letterman promoting the book....

No comments: